Sunday, May 17, 2020

A big fan of father figures

Father figures
As we all know, father is a breadwiner of the family, always working hard to fulfilled family' needs. They seldom show deep interest in anything the kids say but small gesture/present/token of gratitude always ignite happiness in their heart. Father figures mostly showing less emotion as compare to the mother but that does not mean they don't care. They just showing love in their own way, intefering when necessary and always trying their best to be the role model for the kids to follow.

I, physically took after my father. Wherever I go people will know whose daughter am I. That does not restrict me to be as naughty as a kid should be. I do makes a lot of childish mistakes and get scolded for them. I don't even care if neighbours keep on complaining to my parents on my delinquencies, I just continue being a kid.

Growing up, I realized I possessed the same temper as my dad. And i hate him even more. I know he is dissappointed in me and i just dont know how to react to him. Once my exam result release and i pass with flying colours, he hug me and said he is proud of me. I never heard that before, from him, as i was regarded as the 'black sheep' of the family. I finally understand his silent does not mean ignorance towards me, he just don't know how to share them.

As i grow older and going to university, I manage to suppress my temper, by talking to my father. Every free time at home, I will try my best to have a conversation with him (even with silly topic) and we becomes friend. He didn't call me by name anymore. He just called me by "aku-kau" basis as if we are truly friend. I thinks I'm the only one who takes him seriously in a conversation (as my sister only looking for compliments and my brother is too busy to reply on anything). I become closer to him and i realize how awesome he is (no wonder his siblings respect him so much despite he's lacking in education).

And now my father is on a hospital bed, awaiting diagnosis for his bleeding urine symptoms. I just hope there are nothing serious about that. He manage to talk about his suffering and I can't help him there. I could only wish and pray for the best for him. I hope everything is going to be fine. I can't even travel back home due to this pandemic lockdown.

I miss them, both parents right know. Even though i have 20 years experienced of staying away from my family, this feeling of homesickness will never fades away. God i hate this feeling. Wish i would be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment